just getting a bit antsy... SPRING IS SPRUNG!

ta2dwonderwoman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 1, 2016
fall river ks
I am so ready to start doing stuff with my pool already...but we are still getting into the freezing temps at night, but daytime is in the upper 40's to mid 70's most days right now...I am thinking of just hooking up my pump/filter and letting my robot get started on the cleanup of dirt on the bottom of the pool after I give it a decent brushing to get things stirred up a bit. and then maybe start dialing in my water balance so that when i am ready to turn on the heat pump, i will be ahead of the game already...if I leave the pump/filter running at night, will that keep things from freezing? i think we would need sustained freezing temps and still water to be an issue, but don't want to risk it. thoughts?

You go girl! Get that pool all set up!

Hard Freeze=when the temps are at or below freezing for 4 or more hours in a row. That is what you have to watch out for. So long as you have the pump running you will be fine hard freeze or higher.

Kim:kim:

thanks Kim! that was my thought also but wanted to hear it from someone else before I decide if I can move forward or not! LOL - we left it up and uncovered all winter and the water is still clear, just some dirt and a few leaves to clean up. figure I can do this in steps since we don't have any major projects going out there this year so far. I won't start using the heat pump until it is consistently in the 70's and 80's daily with reasonable night temps. but at least I can get it clean and into balance while I wait for that :)

I am so ready to start doing stuff with my pool already...but we are still getting into the freezing temps at night, but daytime is in the upper 40's to mid 70's most days right now...

Me too. Nice sunny days are making me ansy to open. I looked back and opened on 4/19 last year, so still 5-6 weeks to go at least! the water has been, well... water for the last couple of weeks, but over the last week, the water on the cover has frozen over a few times. Unfortunately, it just too early.:(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.