Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deep end ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

Deep end ladder

I have a 39 x 19 IG pool I'm in the process of getting bids to remodel. I'm probably going to remove the concrete deck and replace with pavers. The deck has many large cracks and is separating so doing a paver overlay won't work. I'm also going to remove and NOT replace the diving board. Which brings me to my question. I have hand rails coming out of the deck at the deep end of my pool to facilitate getting out. I also have a swim out just 5 feet from the ladder. I'm considering removing the hand rail as the swim out accomplishes the same thing. What are your opinions? Do you see any need to reinstall a new hand rail and the plastic steps in the side of the pool?
    40 x 22, 37,000 gallon gunite pool, 4.5 to 8 ft deep, built 1989, quartz replaster 9/2018 - Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, CircuPool RJ-60+ SWCG, FlowVis flow meter, Taylor K-2006C FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir, Dolphin S300 robot, Pool Math

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Deep end ladder

Can you show us a picture of where the swim out will be please. You want something in the deep end just in case someone gets tired and needs to get out NOW and they are in the deep end.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Deep end ladder

I don't have a ladder or handrail in my deep end, only a swim-out bench. Works great for us, but I suppose it could be difficult for an older person to get out of the deep end of my pool ... depends on your use and preference, I guess.
    30k gal IG SW gunite pool, 4-8' deep w/ 16" baja shelf; Ocean Blue PebbleSheen; well water (resin softener); Hayward Pro-Grid 7.5 lb., 60' D.E. filter; Hayward TriStar VS filter pump; Hayward TurboCell T-15 SWG; AquaCal TropiCal heat pump; Hayward OmniLogic automation, Colorlogic lights (2 large; 2 accent); Polaris cleaner w/ booster pump; TurboTwister slide (gray granite); 5' rock waterfall w/ second Hayward TriStar VS pump; TF-100 test kit