Finish elevation?

Dave31410

Bronze Supporter
Feb 27, 2018
Savannah, GA
Met with a builder today concerning an inground vinyl 16x32 pool with concrete walls. He said the walls need to be 8 inches above ground level at the high point. Is this correct? If so it will totally change my plan due to problems with grade changes in meeting an existing patio.

Have you spoken to any other builders? They might or might not say the same thing.

I would think it might be due to the high water table if he's concerned??

I've seen some *very* attractive pool builds that sit up above ground level, if that is your concern. Has he offered a drawing or image of what he is proposing?

Maddie :flower:

Elevation is arbitrary. Above ALL else, water runoff from your decking and surrounding yard should NEVER be allowed to run into your pool.

This. Your pool need to be high enough so that the groundwater runs away from it instead of into it. 8" sounds reasonable -- for me it was closer to 2' above ground level at the lowest point of my yard (and I thought my yard was relatively flat ...)

When I built my pool I made one side 4" above the grade and sloped the ground up to it. This ensures no water will run in from other yards. It looks great. The side near the house about 14" above the grade of the patio. I will be installing a single step the entire length pf the pool. Every yard will be different. Like mentioned earlier its all bout ensuring water does not run into the pool. If 1" will keep runoff out then it should be enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.