Sealing off pool lights - other lighting options?

pfitz4

Bronze Supporter
Feb 26, 2018
North Alabama
Over the winter, we experienced a leak located in one of pool lights. I am currently getting estimates for a new liner. The liner is 15 years old (we've had the pool for 2 years) so it was time to get a new liner anyway.

I am thinking about having the lights sealed off, to prevent this from happening again to a brand new liner. I've read that lights are notorious for leaking. Also I've always had a bit of worry about electric shock; this may be unfounded worry but it's always been in the back of my mind. Does anyone have experience with sealing off light niches? Is it a good fix?

Part two of my question - are there other good options for lighting the pool? My kids love night swimming, and the multi-colored lights are always a hit. I've read mixed reviews about some of the "floating LED" style lights. Any recommendations or thoughts?

Frank Wall enterprises has an excellent cover & even makes one prepunched to go to an 1.5” mount LED.
Or the old school steel square screwed & foamed to panel.

Either way it’s a must to have the light circuit removed from electrical service.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.