Opening Pool - Converting to Chlorine

BrysZ

Sep 17, 2012
Hello,

Been a quiet reader on this forum for a few years but and I did some research but remain confused. I have a 24' above ground pool that is currently winterized sitting frozen solid since November. What would I need to do to convert Bacquacil to chlorine when I open the pool in May and where can I find the start up and maintenance procedures for a chlorine pool? Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Bryan

That's a good article in Pool School, but if your water costs aren't very high you may be better off completely draining and cleaning and then refilling and starting new with chlorine.

You don't say what type filter you have, but if it's a sand filter, you're going to have to replace the sand either way.

Have you used the CDX product from Baquacil? How much sanitizer did you have in the pool when you closed?

Yes a lot.

You might consider draining the pool then. CDX and excess sanitizer makes the conversion process a lot slower. You will spend weeks trying to convert it.

Are you able to drain your pool? Can you please update your signature with your pool details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.