Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brand new pool: To vac or not to bot vac... that is my question

1. Back To Top    #1

Brand new pool: To vac or not to bot vac... that is my question

Hi all!!!

Thank you all who have been so helpful with advice and suggestions. You are all wonderful!!!

As a brand new IG pebble pool and spa owner, I have many questions.
    How long should you wait before using the robot vac??? Iíve been told different time frames and donít know which to go by.
    Any help appreciated!!!
    Thanks.
    19,000 gallon free-form, IG gunite mini-pebble pool and spa; cartridge filter; Hayward 400F DN, SP 3202VSP, C 7030; brand new pool 2/1/2018, Houston, TX; using Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD tests.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Brand new pool: To vac or not to bot vac... that is my question

30 days is the standard time. Until then you can and should use a manual vac without wheels. I think every pool should have a manual vac as you never know when you want to do a spot clean. I like this head: https://www.amazon.com/U-S-Pool-Supp...ly+vacuum+head

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you!!!
    19,000 gallon free-form, IG gunite mini-pebble pool and spa; cartridge filter; Hayward 400F DN, SP 3202VSP, C 7030; brand new pool 2/1/2018, Houston, TX; using Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD tests.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    30 days is the standard time. Until then you can and should use a manual vac without wheels. I think every pool should have a manual vac as you never know when you want to do a spot clean. I like this head: https://www.amazon.com/U-S-Pool-Supp...ly+vacuum+head

Kim
    hmmm....if that will fit my Kreepy hose, it would be highly valuable for vacuuming the spa....

Thanks for the pointout Kim!
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D