Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Seeing This Made Me Cringe!

1. Back To Top    #1

Seeing This Made Me Cringe!

Saw my old house for sale and looked at the current owners photos and saw that the pool was GREEN in the pics. Made me so sad. I pride myself in a sparkly pool!

Pool Built June 2018,
    16x32, 20K, IG vinyl,
    2 speed Jandy Pro Plus Pump, Jandy JS Sand Filter, Jandy Tru-Clear SWG,
    JANDY JXI POOL HEATER/260K BTU, Polaris 280 + Booster, TF 100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Seeing This Made Me Cringe!

Oh I'm sure it is a disappointment-You wouldn't have let it go froggy, wouldcha!?

It's hard to let go of houses once they've been our *homes*. At least I've questioned changes made to homes we've owned in the past.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Nothing says turn and run for potential home buys like a green swamp. Most are already worried about the hassles, mystery and costs of owning a pool. The swamp just solidifies their assumptions.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

Youíre so right killer95stang! The realtor should have suggested they tackle that and reshot the pool pictures.

Pool Built June 2018,
    16x32, 20K, IG vinyl,

5. Back To Top    #5

That is a lovely pool and yard. Such a shame.
    40,400 inground gunnite, max depth 10-ft with 1.5 hp single speed Pentair, DE filter, well water, only one skimmer working, TAYLOR TK-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, Chester County, PA--OLD pool, but a beauty.

6. Back To Top    #6

Seriously, who the heck would post a home for sale with a green pool in the picture?!?!?! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Whoever the real estate agent is, they need to be gently shown the door....
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

7. Back To Top    #7

I often think the photogs for Realtors *hate* their jobs. They photograph and list overflowing closets, crud all over the floor, all sorts of disgrace. I just shake my head and wonder why the Realtors don't check them before they go online.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

9/10 it's the realtor themselves with a camera. Especially in hot markets, you get a lot of low-talent agents that truly don't care (and the market is generally hot right now). When real estate is up, it's easy to just sit around, do next to nothing, and make money. Having worked IT in Real Estate, it was interesting to see what the truly successful agents do, and I guarantee you they don't allow photos of the property to go up with full closets, green pools, bad landscaping, messy rooms, etc. Once the market dips and tightens up, you'll see all of those easy money agents running for the doors and the true talent continues to make a steady income.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Hi Jodie your old house is adorable! I love the US style of brick base timber tops. We do a similar thing out here but it just doesn't capture the same mixed media charm. And those windows and doors are really cute, I love the white squares windows, old queenslander homes here do it slightly differently but I like it more than big glass sheets - even though big glass sheets give better views. I'm a bit of a house nut though.

That pool though. Dear lord. My wife and I love looking at real estate sites for ideas and laughs, and we rarely see a pool that far gone My favourites are the ones where the agent fiddles with the photos and the pools look super super blue like one of those toilet cleaner ads with the blue ducks in them LOL

This is one of my fave houses in our local area, it sticks out like crazy due to the design and I just want to own it so badly but it's in one of those suburbs I couldn't afford in two lifetimes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    19000L (5000gallon) Fibreglass IG. Astral Hurlcon cartridge filter and 0.75hp pump. 2009 build. SWG. Clear Choice Labs test kits ;)

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by BrettClearChoiceLabs View Post
    Hi Jodie your old house is adorable! I love the US style of brick base timber tops. We do a similar thing out here but it just doesn't capture the same mixed media charm. And those windows and doors are really cute, I love the white squares windows, old queenslander homes here do it slightly differently but I like it more than big glass sheets - even though big glass sheets give better views. I'm a bit of a house nut though.

That pool though. Dear lord. My wife and I love looking at real estate sites for ideas and laughs, and we rarely see a pool that far gone My favourites are the ones where the agent fiddles with the photos and the pools look super super blue like one of those toilet cleaner ads with the blue ducks in them LOL

This is one of my fave houses in our local area, it sticks out like crazy due to the design and I just want to own it so badly but it's in one of those suburbs I couldn't afford in two lifetimes.
    Super cute little house! Iím noticing the grassy weeds close to the house that could use a trim. I hope you can get it or something like it one day! Looks like itís from a story book fairy tale.

Pool Built June 2018,
    16x32, 20K, IG vinyl,

11. Back To Top    #11

Seeing This Made Me Cringe!

Brettó that House is a beauty! Is that a slate roof? Very expensive to replace/maintain I think? Also the top of the chimney appears to split perhaps because there are two chimneys? This I have never seen before. Usually there are two stacks in the chimney but the outside is just wider than if there are two. I love it! The house looks like it is from Hansel and Gretel or some other German/European fairytale!
    40,400 inground gunnite, max depth 10-ft with 1.5 hp single speed Pentair, DE filter, well water, only one skimmer working, TAYLOR TK-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, Chester County, PA--OLD pool, but a beauty.

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

It's definitely a hansel and gretel style house. Every time I drive past it I think about fairy stories and all those old fables.

I'm not sure if it's a slate roof, if it's like mine it'll be concrete roof tiles. My house has the standard light brown concrete roof tiles, they're quite heavy per tile so I know the house isn't going anywhere. I imagine they're that sort, which are pretty cheap here to maintain and repair. Some of the houses near me have asbestos in their roof tiles and roof sheets, which is fine as long as they're maintained. But it means you have to have a special license to work on them I think, or at least be certified for asbestos work. Australia takes asbestos pretty seriously in terms of legislation - I took a wall of it out from under my house when we moved in, to make it easier to renovate. Had to have a special asbestos company do the work and sign off on it.

The chimney is split, but only right at the top because there's two circular chimney pipes coming out the top I suspect it's purely decorative.
    19000L (5000gallon) Fibreglass IG. Astral Hurlcon cartridge filter and 0.75hp pump. 2009 build. SWG. Clear Choice Labs test kits ;)