Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I need to replace water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I need to replace water?

I have just tested my water today, and I am wondering if I need to empty out some water and replace it.
    my reading are as follows:
    FC: 4.0
    CC: 0.0
    pH: 7.2
    TA: 70
    CH: 800
    CYA: 80
    CSI: -0.38
    Pool Temp: 60

At the moment the SWG is off and I have been using Walmart 8.25% bleach for the chlorine levels.
    Thanks for any input.
    11,800 gallons in ground gunite pool, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump, Pentair Intellichlor SCG IC40 with Intellichlor power center,
    Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter NSF-50, Intermatic T104R timer for Intellichlor SCG IC40, TF-100 test kit, K1766 salt test kit, Dolphin S300i robot.
    Solar-Breeze NX2 skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I need to replace water?

m,

I'm not sure why you would??? Other than your CH being a little high, I don't see any issues..

Many AZ pools owners have high CH.. I do suggest that you let your pH hang out at the upper end of the range, like 7.7 or 7.8, which should bring your CSI closer to zero..

Why do you believe you need to drain???

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply Jim R, I'm a bit concerned about the high CH, but I guess I don't need to be is that correct?
    I will get the pH up to around 7.8.
    11,800 gallons in ground gunite pool, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump, Pentair Intellichlor SCG IC40 with Intellichlor power center,
    Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter NSF-50, Intermatic T104R timer for Intellichlor SCG IC40, TF-100 test kit, K1766 salt test kit, Dolphin S300i robot.
    Solar-Breeze NX2 skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

m,

You don't need to do anything to increase the pH... I am just assuming it will increase on its own... When it does, just try to keep it around the upper end. When it gets to 8.0, just drop it back to 7.6 or 7.7... don't take it all the way to 7.2...

Your CH is fine for being in AZ...

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the advice Jim R,
    I appreciate it.
    Solar-Breeze NX2 skimmer

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

If you are going to mantain your csi and manage the oh as directed above, run your check untill you cannot manage your csi anymore, you still have ch room
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener