Easy touch, intelliflo/ intellichlor System advice

4knights

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2012
NE Kansas
Hi all, been awhile but spring is coming! (25 right now). I just purchased a used intelliflow pump to replace my 2 speed whisperflo. Question I have is- current setup has intellichlor and pump both turn on at same time, using same breaker. When I replace with intelliflow how do I ensure the intellichlor doesn’t turn on unless pump does?
Thanks for any help
Ron

Ron,

It appears you have an EasyTouch... if so then:

The pump should have come with a serial cable that you connect to the ET's comm port.. (See the manual for pin outs)

The AC power to the pump goes directly to the pump and does NOT go through any relays...

The power to the salt cell's power supply must be wired through the Pump/Filter relay.. When the pump is told to run via the serial cable, the Pump/Filter relay will also close allowing the Cell to run..

Does your EasyTouch have the internal SWCG power supply or not???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ron,

It appears you have an EasyTouch... if so then:

The pump should have come with a serial cable that you connect to the ET's comm port.. (See the manual for pin outs)

The AC power to the pump goes directly to the pump and does NOT go through any relays...

The power to the salt cell's power supply must be wired through the Pump/Filter relay.. When the pump is told to run via the serial cable, the Pump/Filter relay will also close allowing the Cell to run..

Does your EasyTouch have the internal SWCG power supply or not???

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim,
The pump didn’t come with the cable. I’ll order one. The salt cell is run through the pump relay and doesn’t turn in unless the pump does. When the easytouch activated the pump relay it also turned on salt cell.
So it sounds as if The intelliflow is always powered? Just hard wire to a separate breaker? Then the cable once here does the rest? I just don’t want to have the salt cell accidentally on (powered) unless pump is running.
Ron

Ron,

Yep!!! That is exactly how it works... you just need the cable...

And... you do have to tell the EasyTouch that you have the IntelliFlo and then set up whatever pump speeds you want..

If you do not already have ScreenLogic2, do yourself a favor and get it... Makes programing and using the ET much quicker, easier and fun...

Jim R.

Great! What flo rates are recommended? I’ve got all 2”pipes pad is about 25ft from pool and pump is about. 10-12” higher than water level. The intelliflow control panel must be older, instead of 1-4 it shows filter, backwash, vacuum and manual mode.

Ron,

Just make sure it has a plug on the side of the pump control panel for the cable.....

Is your IntelliFlo a VS or VF??? Either way, the basic concept is to only run it at the speed it takes to accomplish the job.. For example, if your SWCG takes 1100 rpm to close, then run it at 1200.. If it takes 1500 to run your heater then run it at 1600 when you want the heater on, etc...

If you are worried about "turn-overs per day".. don't be.. It is just a pool store myth and not at all required.

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole idea is to save on electrical costs... I run my IntelliFlo at 1200 rpm, 24/7 for less than $20 bucks a month...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.