Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward SP3202VSP - convert to smart pump (wifi enable)

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward SP3202VSP - convert to smart pump (wifi enable)

Hi,

I recently did a self install of a:

Hayward SP3202VSP TriStar VS Variable-Speed Pool Pump Energy Star Certified OmniLogic Compatible
    (Amazon)

Pump is working great, but I'd love to be able to change the settings from my phone.

What are my options for adding wifi connectivity to my pump?

I'd also be interesting in hearing about any DIY projects that have been done.

thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward SP3202VSP - convert to smart pump (wifi enable)

You need the OmniLogic controller. OmniLogic | Automation | In Ground Pool Automation - Hayward Pool Products

Anything less and you won't be able to program the pump directly through the phone. You would have to use the relay controls but that only allows for changing speeds but not programming them.

Note that they do sell the pump with the Omni Logic control: VS Omniā„¢ Variable-Speed Pumps with Smart Pool Control | Hayward Residential and Commercial Pool Products
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Can you convert your existing Tristar pump into a omni logic one? like buy the VS Omni Hub, Smart Relay and Control Pad separate instead of the full omni logic?
    IG / 14x28 / Roman_Grecian Shaped / 12000 Gallons / Pebble Sheen / Hayward SP32900VSP TriStar VS Pump / Hayward DE4820 DE Filter / Hayward aqua rite 900 Salt System / Hayward Color Logic LED Light / Hayward HP21404t heat pump / Intermatic T40000RT3 / Built 02-18

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes. It is compatible with omni logic. At least the one posted in Amazon.

Most should be it depends on the sw version.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks guys!