Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a good outdoor chemical cabinet.

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a good outdoor chemical cabinet.

Does anyone know of or have a good, corrosive-chemical-rated, outdoor chemical cabinet that they recommend?

I'm looking for something that I can lock with a padlock, won't corrode obviously, fairly priced and decently sized. I think as far as size goes, I'd take anything that's not wider than 4 or 5 feet.

Any suggestions? Thanks as always!
    12.5k IG, non-SWG, 13'x30', Geometric, black pebble tec, tanning ledge/water feature, 2 main drains, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, Tristar VS Pump, Hayward Cartridge Filter (C4030)
    TF-100 + Speed Stir
    --------------
    Prosper, TX

2. Back To Top    #2
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Looking for a good outdoor chemical cabinet.

I'm a big fan of that first one. All my searches were turning up industrial-grade corrosive chemical cabinets that looked like they belonged on a factory floor.

Thanks for the links!
    12.5k IG, non-SWG, 13'x30', Geometric, black pebble tec, tanning ledge/water feature, 2 main drains, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, Tristar VS Pump, Hayward Cartridge Filter (C4030)
    TF-100 + Speed Stir
    --------------
    Prosper, TX

4. Back To Top    #4

I think if you're going to store MA in there, I'd drill a few air holes in the back to allow for the vapors to get out? MA comes with caps that allow vapor out (even though they look tight) so you don't wanna up and open that box and pass out from the smell, LOL.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

Definitely not a bad idea, lol, that would be a very unpleasant surprise!
    TF-100 + Speed Stir
    --------------
    Prosper, TX

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I wanted a locked storage box outside for my chems, too, but I've read here:

OK to store MA outside (in the heat). Chlorine not so much.

Storing MA and Chlorine in the same place, especially in a closed in area, can be dangerous (if the two ever get mixed together it results in an extremely toxic gas).

But for one or the other, I've had great luck with the Suncast brand. I have a bunch of them. Two of these for pool toys:

Shop Suncast 52-in L x 29-in W 124-Gallon Java Resin Deck Box at Lowes.com
    12300 gallon IG pebble, freeform 19x28, 1 skimmer, 3 returns, no floor drains, auto fill. Pentair: EasyTouch PSL4, ScreenLogic2, Indoor Control Panel, Intelliflo 2 VST, IntelliChlor IC40, IntellipH, CCP320 Cartridge Filter, MasterTemp 250 Heater, Rebel Suction-Side Cleaner, IntelliBrite. Solar and cleaner actuators. Heliocol HC-50 8-panel solar heating. FlowVis Flow Meter. Taylor: K-2006 and K-1766 Test Kits, SpeedStir. City/softened water.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Something like this-

Lifetime 116 Gallon Deck Box
    Maddie
    That is exactly what I use, but note the hinges and lift arm pistons will rust.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    I think if you're going to store MA in there, I'd drill a few air holes in the back to allow for the vapors to get out? MA comes with caps that allow vapor out (even though they look tight) so you don't wanna up and open that box and pass out from the smell, LOL.

Maddie
    Probably not a bad idea (I haven't done it), but in 3 years I have never had any discernible MA odor when opening.
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site