Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations for fine mesh pool net?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations for fine mesh pool net?

Hey all --

I'm looking for a net to help clear out the super-fine debris that collects on the surface of the water in my pool. My skimmer misses it sometimes and I thought a nice fine mesh net might help keep it debris-free. The one that I have has large openings in the net, and it's terrible.

Amazon has about a million nets/rakes. Anyone have any suggestions for one that really does the trick?

Thanks in advance.
    Randy - Sacramento, CA - completed 1/2018
    15k IG plaster/pebble, Jandy CL340 cartridge filter, Jandy JEP1.5 ePump (1.5 HP, variable speed),
    Polaris TR36P, Jandy iQPump01 interface, sheer descent, TF-100 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommendations for fine mesh pool net?

I just bought one from TFT. I havenít received it yet but fingers crossed!

16k Gallon, IG Vinyl, 16 x 34 x 25 Lagoon. Pentair Intelliflo VS2, ScreenLogic 2, Pentair Sand Filter, Colorlogic LEDs, TF-100, Speedstir, Pentair 920 Prowler (Rosie), and all wine is fine.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Recommendations for fine mesh pool net?

A fine net should work so long as you donít move to fast. If you do it can sometimes find itís way through.

Have you worked to fine tune your pool circulation so that the slimmer can do its best job possible? Sometimes by design they wonít do a full job but often by adjusting returns and suction you can improve surface flow. Ping pong balls, or in your case surface debris can highlight the water movement as you adjust returns. Do your return(s) have adjustable eyeballs?

A hair net stretched over a regular skimmer net on a pole should also do the trick. Then just toss might be easy, especially if the gunk doesnít want to pop out of the net easily.

Just a few thoughts.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!