Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl liner with fiberglass spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl liner with fiberglass spa

First off, many thanks to TFP for helping us understand the complexity of balancing our pool water. After many Google searches for various pool questions brought me here I joined the forum. I recently moved and inherited this pool.
    Do I need to make any special considerations considering my pool is vinyl and the spa is fiberglass? The pool is currently winterized but I can see the weather will soon be turning the corner in my location.
    24,000 gal In Ground vinyl w attached 1000 gal fiberglass spillover spa; Pureline Prime VS 2.7 HP pump; Hayward S244T sand filter;
    Rheem M8320 heat pump; water sourced from city water; TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl liner with fiberglass spa

Welcome to the forum!
    Do I need to make any special considerations considering my pool is vinyl and the spa is fiberglass?
    Not really. Typically, the products and recommended levels (links below) are applicable to both items. Since you have a spillover, you can expect it will try to naturally increase pH a bit depending upon how long you let it run over. We know a low CH is generally not an issue for vinyl or fiberglass, however your heater may require a minimum CH level which is fine for both items as long as it doesn't get too high. If this is your first opening, you may want to review the TFP Pool School - Opening Your Winterized Above Ground Pool page in advance. As in all cases, if you have any questions along the way, give us a shout. Have a good day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!