Which led light?

justinS

Bronze Supporter
Jan 25, 2018
tucson/az
Hello,
I am needing some advice for my new light. I am doing an owner build and ready for the light. originally I want the Pentair Intellibrite 5G 601001 model number i believe in color. Looking on Amazon, the reviews are terrible. I thought I would go to the local pool stores and ask them. Here is my responses

ekonomy pool on costco drive in tucson. they are Pentair sponsored, they couldnt believe that the light wasnt getting good reviews. I decided to price one just for reference. Cost was $1100. The salesman, then told me that, "the way Pentair products work, Pentair takes their best lights and gives them to stores like mine, then sell the "seconds" to all the online pool distribution centers. also they could install the light for an additional $350" I asked if they could get any other type of light, he stated "I can get Hayward" but when they change styles of lights, you can not get parts for anything older that 2 years"
All of this may be true...I do not know.

Lislie pools on Ina road, Ask the same questions. this salesman stated Hayward and Pentair are the best, but that he sales 80% Pentair. we looked up the light, he had the plain white light, for around $350, the LED color was $750.

What is everyone opinion? Pentair? Hayword? something else?

thank you

Hello,
I was scanning the past posts and found this guy.

He and i had several conversations, he suggested the Pentair Amerlite, with a LED color changing blub and a steal niche.

Patrick also sent me a video on why plastic niche break.

He works for INYOpools.com Do we get a discount through TFP?

Last edited:
Hello Justin - That was an interesting tale you were told by the local pool store. There are no differences between the lights sold through an internet company and a traditional pool store. I've worked for both and can tell you that everyone gets the same stuff from the same distributors.

Pentair and Hayward both make quality lights. If you have a control system by Hayward, I would go with a Hayward light. If you have a Pentair control system, go with a Pentair light. I say that because you have more options as far as programming the lights. The downside for those lights is when they go bad, you have to replace the led module or the complete fixture. The modules will cost almost as much as a complete light fixture.

Another option is the Pureline LED lights. These are nice because the LED bulb can be easily replaced if it ever goes bad. The replacement bulbs run $99-$150. That is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of fixing/replacing other LED lights.

Hello Justin - That was an interesting tale you were told by the local pool store. There are no differences between the lights sold through an internet company and a traditional pool store. I've worked for both and can tell you that everyone gets the same stuff from the same distributors.

Pentair and Hayward both make quality lights. If you have a control system by Hayward, I would go with a Hayward light. If you have a Pentair control system, go with a Pentair light. I say that because you have more options as far as programming the lights. The downside for those lights is when they go bad, you have to replace the led module or the complete fixture. The modules will cost almost as much as a complete light fixture.

Another option is the Pureline LED lights. These are nice because the LED bulb can be easily replaced if it ever goes bad. The replacement bulbs run $99-$150. That is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of fixing/replacing other LED lights.

Hello Rob,
Interesting wasnt exactly how I took it, I was actually pretty upset. this is the same place that told me the Pentair VS wasnt as good as the new Pentair VS VF model. and the Pentair VS wouldnt be able to be fixed.

I believe the light you suggested is the ones I am getting. thanks for you help

Justin

Hi, Rob. Does the Amerlite/PureColor combo work with Pentair's automation system (Easytouch)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.