Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reagent

1. Back To Top    #1

Reagent

I went to Leslie to pick up more reagent to test FC. I forgot to check the number before I left and was given the bottle on the right. Are they the same?

10k pool
    Pentair 4000 DE filter
    Century Centurion 1hp?? Pump
    Hayward Navigator Cleaner
    Mastertemp 400

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reagent

Nope.

What reagents/testkit were you trying to buy reagents for? There are two types of DPD tests from Taylor. One uses powder as the indicator and R-0871 titration drops to get accurate results. The other uses two component liquid drops (R-0001/R-0002) and a color comparator cell for a quick test (0-5ppm).
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the 2006k kit. I use the powder first as you indicated.

10k pool
    Pentair 4000 DE filter
    Mastertemp 400

4. Back To Top    #4

You want the powder which is R-0870 and the titrating reagent, R-0871. The R-0001 is used in a different kit (K-1001 or K-1004).

Leslie’s isn’t the best place to get Taylor reagents. None of them around me stock Taylor chemicals. TfTestKits is currently running their spring reagent sale so now is a good time to get stuff from them. Otherwise you can get Taylor products from a variety of Amazon sellers.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the info. He gave me the other reagent for free. I went back to swap it out and he didn't have it but ordered and said it was on the house when it came in.

10k pool
    Pentair 4000 DE filter
    Mastertemp 400