VS and solar panels. Controller advice needed

Ron19742

Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Yorba Linda, ca
I am adding solar panels to my pool and will also be changing out the pump. I want to go variable speed. The solar system came with a Hayward Auqasolar TC controller. I don’t see an easy way to make it work with the VS pump. I am thinking that the best bet is to sell this off and get the Pentair pump and their controller (it looks like these are designed to connect to each other).

Does anyone have this system, does it operate as simply as the instructions show?

Has anyone hooked up the Auqasolar with a Pentair VS pump?

thanks for any help

Ron,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your pool equipment questions... :shark:

I tried to download the manual for your controller and for some reason it would not load???

Pentair makes several different VS pumps.... some can be controlled by external relay inputs and others only by propriety serial signals...

If your plan was the buy one of the IntelliFlo version pumps, then it is unlikely that anything but a Pentair Solar controller will work with it..

Tells us more about your pool, it might makes sense to buy an automation system that includes a solar controller... Depending on what you buy, you could then control your pool from your PC, Tablet, or Phone..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

the Controller information is here
https://shop.solardirect.com/pdf/po...s-sensors/goldline-aquasol-install-manual.pdf

I am not sure the pentair allow the for control through the relays?
It looks like I might have to buy more parts to make them talk to each other.

I am installing the solar panels in with about a 60 foot run.
No other heater on the pool, I want the pump to run at low speeds and then kick up for the solar panels

I will look at the automated systems from pentair to see if they use that data cable

thank you for any advice

The superflo vs pump has external relay control. I know because that's how my solar panels control my pump. I did my controls myself. You will need the data input cable for the pump to do it.

Ron,

The unit you have has the ability to turn on/off external relays.. So with the addition of an external relay, and some wire, it could be made to control the Pentair VS SuperFlo pump.

It will not control the VS IntelliFlo pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.