Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: False TA reading... help!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

False TA reading... help!!!

Hi!

I have a brand new IG pebble pool and spa. Ď just past the 1st month mark. My pool readings show everything within range except TA.
    I mustíve had a false TA reading of 120; before that it wa at 180: now itís at 170. My question is, how often should I be adding MA to lower the pH to the recommended 7.0-7.2 range to help drop the TA??? Or would that just depend on the time it takes for aeration to raise the pH back up?
    19,000 gallon free-form, IG gunite mini-pebble pool and spa; cartridge filter; Hayward 400F DN, SP 3202VSP, C 7030; brand new pool 2/1/2018, Houston, TX; using Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD tests.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: False TA reading... help!!!

It will be as fast as your pool works to get the PH back up and how often you are able to work on it. The TA is the last thing we work on so if it take a couple/few days that is okay. Take your time and don't worry too much. It will happen. When it does you will work to find what YOUR pool likes it's TA at. Some like a TA of 80 some but some like it at 50. Find where your PH is most stable and go from there.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: False TA reading... help!!!

Thanks
    19,000 gallon free-form, IG gunite mini-pebble pool and spa; cartridge filter; Hayward 400F DN, SP 3202VSP, C 7030; brand new pool 2/1/2018, Houston, TX; using Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD tests.