Do I need refill on test kit?

Lynn5707

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Hi,

we moved to our house last summer, and I ordered my test kit last July. I still have supplies left. Do I need to purchase a refill kit? I had thought what I had left would still be ok to use this summer after we open the pool.

If if we should buy the refill, I would like to order ASAP to be able to get the sale price.

thanks!

It's your call if you have enough reagents to go this coming season or not. How well have you been able to manage your pool? If you've had problems, did you use a lot of one reagent or another with repeated testing?

The sale price is a good deal for sure. But you can also just order the one or two parts you need individually later if you don't need the rest.

When I have extra reagent bottles I keep the spare in the beer fridge in the pool shed.

Maddie :flower:

It's your call if you have enough reagents to go this coming season or not. How well have you been able to manage your pool? If you've had problems, did you use a lot of one reagent or another with repeated testing?

The sale price is a good deal for sure. But you can also just order the one or two parts you need individually later if you don't need the rest.

When I have extra reagent bottles I keep the spare in the beer fridge in the pool shed.

Maddie :flower:
Thank you!

If you're concerned about shelf life, generally two years is OK. Temperature is the main culprit, but if they've been kept indoors, not a worry. If any bottles are discolored or have solid lumps in the bottom, they're definitely done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.