Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I need refill on test kit?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I need refill on test kit?

Hi,

we moved to our house last summer, and I ordered my test kit last July. I still have supplies left. Do I need to purchase a refill kit? I had thought what I had left would still be ok to use this summer after we open the pool.

If if we should buy the refill, I would like to order ASAP to be able to get the sale price.

thanks!
    26,600 IG vinyl
    Haywood Sand filter 2018; Haywood 1HP pump; Haywood gas heater; Dolphin robot
    Pool prob 20-30 years old, liner and pump 2-3 yrs old
    testing: TF-100 and Taylor K-1000

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I need refill on test kit?

It's your call if you have enough reagents to go this coming season or not. How well have you been able to manage your pool? If you've had problems, did you use a lot of one reagent or another with repeated testing?

The sale price is a good deal for sure. But you can also just order the one or two parts you need individually later if you don't need the rest.

When I have extra reagent bottles I keep the spare in the beer fridge in the pool shed.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    It's your call if you have enough reagents to go this coming season or not. How well have you been able to manage your pool? If you've had problems, did you use a lot of one reagent or another with repeated testing?

The sale price is a good deal for sure. But you can also just order the one or two parts you need individually later if you don't need the rest.

When I have extra reagent bottles I keep the spare in the beer fridge in the pool shed.

Maddie
    Thank you!
    26,600 IG vinyl

4. Back To Top    #4

If you're concerned about shelf life, generally two years is OK. Temperature is the main culprit, but if they've been kept indoors, not a worry. If any bottles are discolored or have solid lumps in the bottom, they're definitely done.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Tips for New Members to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!
    26,600 IG vinyl

6. Back To Top    #6

It is always nice to have extras and now is the time to stock up as there is a sale till March 31st
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

7. Back To Top    #7

That is what I was thinking as well!
    26,600 IG vinyl

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn5707 View Post
    That is what I was thinking as well!
    Just make sure you store them in a cool place. I have mine in zip lock bags and dated on the cover of each vial
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade