Intex Pump SF70110 On Off Switch

May 28, 2016
Biloxi/MS
Hi All,
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement on/off switch for an Intex SF70110 pump with timer? The internals on mine have gone bad and you have to hold your mouth just right ;) to get it to turn on, and stay on. Intex is no help. I found a post where a member said it was a Haywood rocker but I've lost that post and can't go back to it. Any help is much appreciated!

It sounds like you're comfortable working on it yourself. If so, here's an alternative for you if you can't find a replacement...

Bypass the switch altogether and hardwire it always 'on'. Then plug the power cord into an outdoor timer (like one used for Christmas lights). You can then use that to turn it on and off, and depending upon the timer, have much more flexibility to run the pump multiple times per day, different run times, etc.

Be aware, you might have to replace the GFCI on the Intex cord with a regular plug, as my timer caused it to trip each time it turned the pump on. You'll want to be sure the circuit you're plugged into is GFCI protected at the house, as most outdoor sockets already should be.

Reactions: Mdragger88
That's an excellent idea and now jealous I didn't think of it! ;):D We're on our 5th year with the Intex and it's really time to just replace it altogether with something of much better quality. It's done it's job very well, and for what we paid for it, I feel like we more than got our money's worth out of it.

That's an excellent idea and now jealous I didn't think of it! ;):D We're on our 5th year with the Intex and it's really time to just replace it altogether with something of much better quality. It's done it's job very well, and for what we paid for it, I feel like we more than got our money's worth out of it.
Yes, Intex pools overall are a fantastic value IMO. I upgraded my pump a couple of years back. You can read about it here: New pump arrived today

I'm not sure Wal-Mart still carries that pump, but you can find the same one online from various other sites. I would start with Amazon.

Yes, Intex pools overall are a fantastic value IMO. I upgraded my pump a couple of years back. You can read about it here: New pump arrived today

I'm not sure Wal-Mart still carries that pump, but you can find the same one online from various other sites. I would start with Amazon.

I upgraded the pump to the 3,000 gph (2,650) pump and sand filter, along with the Krystal Clear saltwater system the end of the first year owning the pool. Did fantastic until this year. We have the 20' X 52" Ultraframe model that is no longer made. I noticed when I started prepping this year that the saltwater has done a number on the ultraframe anywhere there was a scratch. Would have to replace roughly 10 top rail supports so that nothing collapses. We're going tomorrow to one of the local pool places to investigate options and pricing. I agree with you wholeheartedly that they are a great value, especially for a beginner like me. I was able to learn about maintaining a pool without breaking the bank.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not familiar with that exact switch, and what it does, but if you'll post a pic of it and/or post the info off the side of it I can figure out how it's wired.

did you guys figure this one out?
there are a bunch of people looking to bypass the pump control panel.

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.