Getting ready for new vinyl inground pool NW PA

dobie

Bronze Supporter
Mar 8, 2016
guys mills, pa
Learned so, so much from everyone here and after dreaming for a few years we are getting ready to sign on Monday. Construction begins end of May.

We will be doing the 2 tone concrete and getting an additional 500 sq ft of concrete besides the 4 ft around the perimeter.

GLI Scottsdale Sandstone liner.

Scottsdale with Sandstone Tan

1- 18’x29’x35’ polymer lagoon in ground pool
1- Interior pool step to match pool radius
1- Stainless Steel ladder installed at deep end of pool
1- Stainless Steel grab rail
1- 28 Mil GLI In ground pool liner
1- Safety rope with floats
2- in ground skimmer
4- return fittings
1- Dual bottom circulation kit
1- All Flex PVC plumbing with schedule 40 fittings
1- Mesh Safety/Winter cover w/brass anchors
1- Solar cover
1- Solar reel system
1-Tagelus TA60D Pentair Sand Filter
1- Pentair IntelliFlo 2 VST Energy Efficient variable speed pump
1- Chemical Start kit
1- Pool Maintenance kit
1- Pentair IChlor 30 Salt Chlorine Generator
1- Pentair PNT601301 IntelliBrite 5G LED Pool Light White
1- Pentair MasterTemp Natural Gas Pool Heater 400,000 BTUH
1- Pentair Kreepy Krauly 920 Robotic Pool Cleaner
1- 4’ Walk Around Concrete Deck with Z Formed pool edge. First 18” to be colored
500ft² additional concrete decking
All above items will be installed. Installation will include concrete collar poured around bottom perimeter of
pool wall. Installation includes pool bonding. Installation includes electrical to heater, and filtration equipment
and gas line to supply heater. This quote does not include fencing. Dirt from the pool excavation to remain on
property. Customer responsible for building permits and inspection fee

Going between house and pond. Looks ugly this time of year.

LetpNYQ.jpg

View from pond during summer.

HI!! LOVE your property and house!!! What pretty view. Even the "ugly" one is pretty to me!

I have to ask about a couple of things:

-Dirt to remain on property----do you want/need it? What will you do with it?

-YOU have to pull the permits and inspection fees? Not normal on the builds I have seen here on TFP. Is there a reason why they don't do it? Does it save you some money to do this instead of them?

I added NW PA to your title for you :hug:

Kim:kim:

What an attractive pool that will be!

Have you considered having the stairs built in and covered in padding and the vinyl liner? It's very attractive.

Not sure if plex is best... I hope some of our cold weather living pool experts will chime in on this versus PVC.

Everything else looks great!

Maddie :flower:

Kinkats,

We have a place near the pond for the dirt so it worked out for us and save us a little money.

As for the permits, we live in a rural area of nw Pa. I believe our pool permit is something around $5 and I think the only inspection they required was to see if we put up a fence. I need to re-check but from what I remember from last year after speaking with our township, it's ridiculously easy putting in a pool around here.

Thank you for adding my location.

Well it sounds like you have it all covered! Well done!!!

So Monday is tomorrow but May is a L.O.N.G. ways off.............why wait until then.........oh wait I guess the ground needs to thaw.......but I want to build it NOW! LOL guess May it is then.

Kim:kim:

Looks beautiful. I'd also recommend the liner over the stairs option, well worth it. Also make sure an electrical outlet is put in within 20 feet of the pool but no closer than 10 feet to the pool. It's a safety issue. Without it people are tempted to use an extension cord for an electrical supply and terrible things have happened. It's easy to do now while they're digging the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So we've been doing more reading and it sounds like a good upgrade to our equipment might be to get the Pentair Easytouch 8 with larger Intellichlor IC60 to replace the quoted Ichlor 30. Next year we will be adding an above ground hot tub along with landscaping lights so now would be the time to do this. Not sure what the cost difference will for the larger salt cell and EasyTouch but we will do it if the pool owners here recommend it.

If we do go this route, what is the preference for controller? We don't have cell service at our home but do have wifi. Preference would be some type of indoor controller and ability to use Alexa. Not really sure what we would need. Recommendations?

Thanks for the suggestions for the light outside by the equipment and the outlet near the pool. We will be doing both of those.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.