Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water quality.

1. Back To Top    #1

Water quality.

This is the first year I decided to cover and add chlorine during the winter. I've covered in the past and it has blown off so I gave up and just drain and refill every year. So I peaked under the cover last week and and saw a bit of dustish material on bottom but other than that beautiful water. I added a little bit of bleach around the perimeter and walked away. We had a storm and have been with out power for about a solid day. No heat, no water. My wife bought some water last night. And then been going to my parents for it. I was looking at the pool and realized it was full of water. I took 25 gallons dealt with toilets and stored extra in the garage. I even tasted it and it was better than bottled water. I'm probably going to boil some for drinking later. The picture does not do it justice. I'd imagine most people who use traditional methods would have a green soupy mess. Hopefully I can open up to water just as clear. Thanks a million for TFP.

1) The size of your pool in gallons 4440.
    2) The type filter you have is an Intex 28651EG Krystal Clear 3000 GPH sand filter
    3) If your pool is an AG (above ground)
    4) Intex 15 by 48 metal frame.
    Southeastern, Pennsylvania.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water quality.

Nice feedback, and exactly why TFP has been such a success. It's that kind of feedback and members who become supporters based on the $$$$ saved each year from pool store snake charms that help make this forum what it is today. Here's to a great swimming season!

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!