Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it time?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it time?

Is it time to raise the CYA?
    The pool was finished in December. Brought CYA up to ~30 over the winter and have been TFPing it. Now the water temp is generally around 70*, I am thinking its time to raise the CYA?
    Rectangular 24'x40' Salt Water, 4' to 6'. Pentair EasyTouch 8, Screen Logic 2, w/wireless kit. Pentair IntelliFlo VSF Pump, Pentair CCP520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair IC60 Cell, Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe finish. ~28,000 gallons. TF-100 Test Kit. Completed: Dec 2017 Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it time?

s,

Yep!! I would bring your CYA level up to 70 or 80 .... You just need to make sure that your FC stays at the recommended levels per this chart... FC/CYA Chart

I assume your IC60 is online and working??

What does this page look like in ScreenLogic???

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes IC60 is working. I have output set at 50% right now and salt level shows 2900, although test shows 3,000. I plan to add another bag of salt in the pool as well to get me in closer to 3200ppm.
    Rectangular 24'x40' Salt Water, 4' to 6'. Pentair EasyTouch 8, Screen Logic 2, w/wireless kit. Pentair IntelliFlo VSF Pump, Pentair CCP520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair IC60 Cell, Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe finish. ~28,000 gallons. TF-100 Test Kit. Completed: Dec 2017 Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

s,

Until you get a good feel for how your pool works, I suggest that you keep an eye on your FC level.. 50% sounds high to me, but of course it depends on how long you are running your pump.

No one can tell you what your percent, or pump run time, needs to be, it is just something you will have to play with to match your pool's FC demand... Also, it will slowly change as the weather changes.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have been testing more frequently now that the temp is warming up. Over the winter, FC is pretty stable. Now that the temp has warmed up, I was running it at 40% for 8 hours and I was losing about 1ppm during a sunny day. Where I am, its windy so theres a lot of stuff that gets blown into the pool. I was thinking between that stuff in the pool and the low CYA, thats why its using up the FC?

6. Back To Top    #6

S,

Increasing your CYA to 70 or 80 will help slow down the loss of FC and should allow you to reduce your cell's output percentage..

Thanks,

Jim R.