Replacing a Compool 3600

Mar 2, 2018
Houston/TX
I have a 15 year old Compool 3600 that is not working. It gradually lost the function of the spa than the waterfall than the indoor controller and now the pool and cleaner pumps.

I have been told to get the upgrade kit but also told that would not work and I need an Easy Touch 8 (not the 4)

My equipment has a pool pump, booster pump, waterfall pump, gas heater and above ground attached overflow spa.

I can most likely install it myself but want to make sure I buy everything I need i.e. panel, indoor controller and spa controller

Any help is appreciated!!

Andy

Attachments

• Compool controller.jpg
    Compool controller.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 39
Andy,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your old automation upgrade questions... :shark:

We have several member that have done this upgrade... Let's see if we can get them to chime in...

I'm pretty sure the upgrade to the ET upgrade kit or a new EasyTouch will mean your old inside panel will no longer work..

I can't see any reason your panel can't be upgraded, other than it will still be ugly... :p

I assume that your pool/spa light(s) are controlled by the 3600, if so, along with the pumps you have, an ET-4 just does not have enough relays, that is why you would need an ET-8

Did anyone say "why" the upgrade kit would not work for you?

I'm not all that familiar with the upgrade process, but if you look in the upper right hand corner of this screen and you will see a search box... Enter "Compool upgrade" and should see a number of past posts about the upgrades others have done.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

The easytouch upgrade has the same capability as a easytouch8, but you will have to replace the inside controller with a easytouch model either wired or wireless. I have never done one yet but it also is screenlogic compatability.

The upgrade only comes in the 8 version. It just means that you can control 4 more things. If you wish to take advantage of this, you would need to purchase and install the additional relays. If not, you can still use this upgrade. You will just have 4 buttons that will light up when pressed, they just wont do anything.

Also, if you wish to add more "things", make sure that your electrical, at the equipment, can handle the added load.
If you currently have a panel in the house, you can get the Easytouch indoor control panel, (520549) to replace the Compool indoor panel and regain control inside. Note: The indoor panel is not required like it is for the Compool, but rather a convenience option. The Easytouch has an interface at the service panel (outside), for programming and user operation/control.

Unfortunately, the ScreenLogic Bundle is not included with the upgrade, but can be added (522104), for additional cost of course.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.