Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IntelliFlo 3,450rpm during priming by default. Does it need to be that high?

1. Back To Top    #1

IntelliFlo 3,450rpm during priming by default. Does it need to be that high?

Is there a reason it needs to spin up to the max RPM to prime or can/should I configure it to be less during priming?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IntelliFlo 3,450rpm during priming by default. Does it need to be that high?

raw,

No it does not...Look at the IntelliFlo manual and it will explain how to adjust max speed... You can also set several priming factors such as Primed Sensitivity.. Default is 1% which means the pump needs to see a massive amount of water before it thinks it is primed.. I'd increase this to 50% or up.. The pump should then come out of the priming mode much quicker..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: IntelliFlo 3,450rpm during priming by default. Does it need to be that high?

Thank you Jim! I am definitely going to do this. If I change the Max RPM, is that just the max during priming or is that changing the Max RPM for any operation? Sometimes I like to be able to run it at 3450 if I need to briefly for vacuuming or something else. Wasn't sure if this was a global kind of setting or just as it relates to priming.

4. Back To Top    #4

raw,

It will change the max for everything... That said, I can't see needing 3450 rpm for anything..

Play with the Priming modes, there appear to be several options.

And.. you really need to complete your signature so that everyone here knows what type of pool and equipment you have.. It makes answering questions much easier..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Jim! I had totally forgotten about my signature but we'll get on that. Thanks for the reminder!