Can tiles that are not frost free be sealed?

Jun 3, 2008
Found out the previous owners had tile put in the pool that isn't frost free. We are in PA so that combination isn't a good one. :(

We just had the overflow spa tile re-done due to so many tiles chipping but can't afford to do the pool at this time.

There are about 5 tiles that currently have the face chipping off in the pool and it's been that way for about 2 years since we've owned the home. Had no idea it was from use of a non-frost free tile. Is there some wayto extend the life of the tiles or apply some kind of sealant or am I just in a waiting game until enough start to crack that i have no choice but to replace them?

TIA.

HI TIA!
I'm afraid that you eventually have to replace them. If the tile plate is porous it will suck water .I can't see how you succesfully could seal them in that environment but I could be wrong.

If you replace them try to get porcelain tiles or glas mosaik. Procelain only absorbs 0-0,5% of it own weight, so freezing isn't an issue with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.