Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing aboveground pool electric

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing aboveground pool electric

Hello. I am getting ready to install an Intex Ultra rectangular aboveground pool. It is 9' x 18' x 52". I am installing both the sand filter and the salt system. I am going to have the electric professionally run from the outdoor fusebox to a waterproof outlet box so that it will be safe and look nice. I have a question? I wonder if anyone can send in pictures, for suggestions, about how the electrical cords that come out of the physical pumps actually begin their descent into the waterproof conduit and underground on the way to the electrical box? I know how the electrical cords look when they plug into the waterproof outlet box at the end of that journey but HOW do they begin? Do the power cords just go into an open mouth conduit that sticks out of the ground? That doesn't sound right to me! Any closeup pictures would be a great help. Thank you in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Installing aboveground pool electric

Look at your outdoor fuse box, the one by the power company pole, etc
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener