Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing / replumb under ground?

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing / replumb under ground?

What is the overall thoughts behind replumbs underground.

On an aging pool, there is close to no more room for additional coupling above ground.

Also provides option to change the layout.

spounds good on paper, what about the practicality and concerns or risk?
    45,000 gallon (18x49) in ground plaster in Houston. [Gallery]
    2HP Hayward Northstar Pump, Hayward DE 6020 (60sqft) filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair SuperFlo 1HP -340038 water feature/fountain pump
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 w wireless remote, Hayward TigerShark QC, & Taylor 2006c

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing / replumb under ground?

mc,

Are we talking about re-routing PVC pipe and couplings underground???

If so, no problems at all... I've rebuilt a couple of equipment pads and had to move things around, a lot of the connections had to be underground...

BUT.... don't do what I did and cut a pipe without thinking first... On one of my pools the equipment pad is level with the pool, but the pipes in the ground were about 3" below the water level.. Even the Little Dutch boy's thumb would not have held back the water that came out... Drained about 3" out of the pool..

It would have been much better to have drained a little out of the pool first...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I've done repairs on flow lines underground many times, best thing is to dig farther than you think you need, then dig some more. You might need to dig the line out a few feet for wiggle room for installing fittings.
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

4. Back To Top    #4

Good feedback, thanks.

My spa spa sits bout 18” above grade and the plumbing is lower than the pool.

Noted drain spa and plug skimmers.
    45,000 gallon (18x49) in ground plaster in Houston. [Gallery]
    2HP Hayward Northstar Pump, Hayward DE 6020 (60sqft) filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair SuperFlo 1HP -340038 water feature/fountain pump
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 w wireless remote, Hayward TigerShark QC, & Taylor 2006c