Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Pentair VSF settings

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with Pentair VSF settings

I am new and trying to get a schedule set up on my pump. I just added salt this morning after the 30 day wait, and I am trying to get the schedule set up on the pump. I do not have easytouch system (yet), and I am just wondering if there is a way to set the pump to run at 1200rpm, and then go up to maybe 2200rpm for a few hours to help skim, and then return to 1200rpm. Messing with it seems like I can only make one setpoint to come on at 1 speed for 1 given time setting and then turn off. Any advice? I am going to seek some youtube this evening but hopefully you guys have a simple solution....

helpful info:
    Pentair ic40
    switch closed at 1200rpm and elec consumption: 138

Thanks,
    --Greg
    Hi, starting our build 10/10/17 45'x24.5' ~20K gallon, IG Pool (3'9"x4'9"x5'9") with 10x8.5 sun shelf w/ 2 bubblers and a 5G led spa light ,30'x18" raised beam w/ 3 stone scuppers, Plaster/Stonescapes mini pebble white (zanzibar), 3hp pentair intelliflow VSF, 2hp Superflo for water features, IC40 SWG, 420 cartridge filter, TF-100, pool math, Pentair 820 robot for the cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with Pentair VSF settings

Gr,

The IntelliFlo can be set to run 8 different speeds at 8 different times..

I am not sure what you are doing wrong, but I don't know any tricks other than following the instructions in the manual.

Basically you can try this... Set up speed 1 for 1200 rpm to run from 6 am until 6 pm...

Then set up speed 2 for 2200 rpm from 11 am until 1 pm... Since the pump will always use the highest rpm, it will change speeds at 11 am and switch back to 1200 rpm at 1 pm..

Not sure that will solve your issue, but hope it gets you pointed in the right direction..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

If your flow switch just closed at 1200, I'd add a 100 rpm, just to make sure it stays closed as your filter gets a little dirty..

I found that running faster than 1200 does not really help skim my pool any better.. But, each pool is different..
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.