Why can’t I just get a bottle of water....

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I think my pool water is safer to drink than this stuff -

0576D74E-EB98-4062-AB6E-9B502B7D09D2.jpg

EF5A6A54-CCC8-4F1E-9BE6-7F7D173B8D33.jpg

We’re at the Reid Park Zoo today trying to see the red pandas before they leave. Bottled water choices are limited.

It's just an old guy out back filling the bottles from a garden hose.

You drop the bottles in the recycling containers and they fill them back up and sell them to the next person.

They make sure that the concession stands have plenty of salty snacks that make you thirsty. And there are no drinking fountains.

I’m afraid of getting selenium stains on my dentures....how does one remove selenium stains? Gargle with dry acid?

I’m afraid of getting selenium stains on my dentures....how does one remove selenium stains? Gargle with dry acid?

Selenium is odorless and insoluble in water and alcohol, but soluble in chloroform, methylene iodid, benzene, quinoline, nitric acid, sulfuric acid, ether, carbon disulfide, aqueous potassium cyanide and potassium sulfate solutions.
http://scorecard.goodguide.com/chemical-profiles/html/selenium.html

Research the chemicals listed for safety and suitability before using them on dentures, especially if you're wearing them.

Another option is to seal with Stonetech sealer or get titanium teeth like Jaws, the James Bond villain.

The company that makes the water also makes a special, super expensive toothpaste that removes selenium stains.

Hmmm.....probably just a coincidence.

Personally I do think I have been a bit molybdenum deficient lately. I was going to chew on some 316L stainless steel screws but thought the water might be more refreshing....

I'm going to taste my pool water this evening, then raise the pH to 9 or higher and then taste it again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Personally I do think I have been a bit molybdenum deficient lately. I was going to chew on some 316L stainless steel screws but thought the water might be more refreshing....

If only there was a LIKE [emoji106] button. Chromium and molybdenum stuck out at me. Fortunately, there are cremes, if that makes application easier for you.
d97a756d59d6bdc95a659db4cb4ece8e.jpg

There's water here that is "optimally balanced water" at PH9 because that's "better for your body". Their ads are basically hot bodied 18 year old girls in bikinis holding their water bottles. I think that's the entire pitch. I'm surprised they even bothered using any reference to PH instead of just saying buy this water if you want to look pretty.

I'm pretty sure we could convert the labs into a water selling business in about 24 hours if we had some stock photography and photoshop :razz:

Products today need to have an ethos (whatever that is).

Products today can't just do the job. They have to have some sort of aspirational mission that shows that you're somehow special by having the product.

You'll be healthy, wealthy and wise. You'll be saving the planet, righting wrongs and bringing hope, truth and justice to disenfranchised, underappreciated humans around the world.

Of course, the corollary is that if you don't use the product, you're a greedy, heartless monster who doesn't care about the fate of the universe.

...You'll be healthy, wealthy and wise. You'll be saving the planet, righting wrongs and bringing hope, truth and justice to disenfranchised, underappreciated humans around the world.

That’s the TFP “ethos” for sure ...

Of course, everyone knows that the only good water is Smart water because Jennifer Aniston endorses it. She's famous and pretty, so that makes her an authority.

Compared to Smart water, everything else is just Flint, Michigan tap water.

I wonder why it has moly in it. I use moly on my ammo reloads and the instructions say not to touch it barehanded.

From Cell biology of molybdenum - ScienceDirect

The transition element molybdenum (Mo) is of essential importance for (nearly) all biological systems as it is required by enzymes catalyzing diverse key reactions in the global carbon, sulfur and nitrogen metabolism. The metal itself is biologically inactive unless it is complexed by a special cofactor.

Why was the molybdenum dealer frustrated?

Because he was out of his element.

Also, it was recently discovered that molybdenum was the criminal element, which is surprising because most people thought that the criminal element had to be boron.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.