Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why canít I just get a bottle of water....

1. Back To Top    #1

Why canít I just get a bottle of water....

I think my pool water is safer to drink than this stuff -

0576D74E-EB98-4062-AB6E-9B502B7D09D2.jpg

EF5A6A54-CCC8-4F1E-9BE6-7F7D173B8D33.jpg

Weíre at the Reid Park Zoo today trying to see the red pandas before they leave. Bottled water choices are limited.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why canít I just get a bottle of water....

It's just an old guy out back filling the bottles from a garden hose.

You drop the bottles in the recycling containers and they fill them back up and sell them to the next person.

They make sure that the concession stands have plenty of salty snacks that make you thirsty. And there are no drinking fountains.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #3

I’m afraid of getting selenium stains on my dentures....how does one remove selenium stains? Gargle with dry acid?
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

I bet this guy gets all the fresh water he wants -

Attachment 73209
    Matt

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    I’m afraid of getting selenium stains on my dentures....how does one remove selenium stains? Gargle with dry acid?
    Selenium is odorless and insoluble in water and alcohol, but soluble in chloroform, methylene iodid, benzene, quinoline, nitric acid, sulfuric acid, ether, carbon disulfide, aqueous potassium cyanide and potassium sulfate solutions.
    http://scorecard.goodguide.com/chemi.../selenium.html
    Research the chemicals listed for safety and suitability before using them on dentures, especially if you're wearing them.

Another option is to seal with Stonetech sealer or get titanium teeth like Jaws, the James Bond villain.

The company that makes the water also makes a special, super expensive toothpaste that removes selenium stains.

Hmmm.....probably just a coincidence.
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

copper!

don't wash blond hair with it lol
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

7. Back To Top    #7

Personally I do think I have been a bit molybdenum deficient lately. I was going to chew on some 316L stainless steel screws but thought the water might be more refreshing....
    Matt

8. Back To Top    #8

Forget Pool School, we can just send all of our pH/TA questions here -

F1365675-2DB9-4C05-AE7D-6851A895D5D5.jpg

Read and have a good laugh -
    Discover
    Matt

9. Back To Top    #9

I drink nothing but Fiji water that I run through my John Ellis machine.
    Support the site

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

I'm going to taste my pool water this evening, then raise the pH to 9 or higher and then taste it again.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

A guy I work with is all about bottled water and pH testing it, we work outside in kansas,. I just drink the free water, pH 7.8 ta 240+
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    Personally I do think I have been a bit molybdenum deficient lately. I was going to chew on some 316L stainless steel screws but thought the water might be more refreshing....
    If only there was a LIKE button. Chromium and molybdenum stuck out at me. Fortunately, there are cremes, if that makes application easier for you.

18x36 vinyl liner ,19k gallons, Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED. Dolphin M400 robot

13. Back To Top    #13

That reminds me, I need to buy a tube of MoS2 grease...
    Matt

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

There's water here that is "optimally balanced water" at PH9 because that's "better for your body". Their ads are basically hot bodied 18 year old girls in bikinis holding their water bottles. I think that's the entire pitch. I'm surprised they even bothered using any reference to PH instead of just saying buy this water if you want to look pretty.

I'm pretty sure we could convert the labs into a water selling business in about 24 hours if we had some stock photography and photoshop
    19000L (5000gallon) Fibreglass IG. Astral Hurlcon cartridge filter and 0.75hp pump. 2009 build. SWG. Clear Choice Labs test kits ;)

15. Back To Top    #15

Products today need to have an ethos (whatever that is).

Products today can't just do the job. They have to have some sort of aspirational mission that shows that you're somehow special by having the product.

You'll be healthy, wealthy and wise. You'll be saving the planet, righting wrongs and bringing hope, truth and justice to disenfranchised, underappreciated humans around the world.

Of course, the corollary is that if you don't use the product, you're a greedy, heartless monster who doesn't care about the fate of the universe.
    Support the site

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    ...You'll be healthy, wealthy and wise. You'll be saving the planet, righting wrongs and bringing hope, truth and justice to disenfranchised, underappreciated humans around the world.
    Thatís the TFP ďethosĒ for sure ...
    Matt

17. Back To Top    #17

Of course, everyone knows that the only good water is Smart water because Jennifer Aniston endorses it. She's famous and pretty, so that makes her an authority.

Compared to Smart water, everything else is just Flint, Michigan tap water.
    Support the site

18. Back To Top    #18

I wonder why it has moly in it. I use moly on my ammo reloads and the instructions say not to touch it barehanded.
    14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by Reddogdan View Post
    I wonder why it has moly in it. I use moly on my ammo reloads and the instructions say not to touch it barehanded.
    From Cell biology of molybdenum - ScienceDirect

The transition element molybdenum (Mo) is of essential importance for (nearly) all biological systems as it is required by enzymes catalyzing diverse key reactions in the global carbon, sulfur and nitrogen metabolism. The metal itself is biologically inactive unless it is complexed by a special cofactor.
    Matt

20. Back To Top    #20

Why was the molybdenum dealer frustrated?

Because he was out of his element.

Also, it was recently discovered that molybdenum was the criminal element, which is surprising because most people thought that the criminal element had to be boron.
    Support the site