Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Must Have Equipment (Pole, Net, Etc): New Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Must Have Equipment (Pole, Net, Etc): New Pool Owner

Hi, guys just recently purchased a home with a pool and itís currently going through a major remodel.

Iíve already ordered the TF-100 kit to test my water, but am wondering what other equipment I need to pickup for maintenance such as poles, skimmers, etc. I currently have nothing.

Any must have tools I can order from Amazon?

What pool vaccum do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.
    14x29 , In-Ground, Pentair Super Flo 1.5hp, Pentair Clean and Clear CC150, Pentair Salt System IC40, Approx 15-17k Gallons, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Must Have Equipment (Pole, Net, Etc): New Pool Owner

Quote Originally Posted by FIU Panther View Post
    Hi, guys just recently purchased a home with a pool and it’s currently going through a major remodel.

I’ve already ordered the TF-100 kit to test my water, but am wondering what other equipment I need to pickup for maintenance such as poles, skimmers, etc. I currently have nothing.

Any must have tools I can order from Amazon?

What pool vaccum do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

I am a new Inground pool owner and had to order some equipment.

I ordered a Pool pole (pretty good quality and I'm happy with it)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered a Net for the pole (again, it seems to be good quality):
    https://www.amazon.com/ProTuff-Pool-...+skimmer&psc=1

A whale brush (awesome brush):
    https://www.amazon.com/Wall-Whale-Cl...ds=whale+brush

For the pool robot vacuum, I ordered this (happy with this too, but there maybe better/cheaper models from Dolphin)
    Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner - Innovative Robotic Pool Cleaners | PoolBots
    20,200 Gallon In Ground Gunite Pool, Pentair Intellitouch Control Panel, Pentair Quad DE 100 Filter, Pentair Intellifloxf Variable speed and flow pump, Dolphin Premier Pool Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Speed stir for testing is a must have. I also like the premier robot.
    20'x48' 40,000 gal. Vinyl, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, Sta-Rite PLM300 System 2 Cartridge Filter, and a Pentair Mastertemp 250 heater all controlled by Pentair Easy Touch with Screen Logic. Dolphin Premier pool attendant.
    I've got iron stained well water. TF-100 and Speed Stir, Lamotte 3017-G for Borates

4. Back To Top    #4

I'll second the Speed Stir. How I managed without it I dunno? It makes things so fast when testing and improves accuracy too.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by peteandvanessa View Post
    I am a new Inground pool owner and had to order some equipment.

I ordered a Pool pole (pretty good quality and I'm happy with it)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also ordered a Net for the pole (again, it seems to be good quality):
    https://www.amazon.com/ProTuff-Pool-...+skimmer&psc=1

A whale brush (awesome brush):
    https://www.amazon.com/Wall-Whale-Cl...ds=whale+brush

For the pool robot vacuum, I ordered this (happy with this too, but there maybe better/cheaper models from Dolphin)
    Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner - Innovative Robotic Pool Cleaners | PoolBots
    I'll second that list. As for the pole, there are certainly cheaper ones out there but the JED pole will last a very long time, much sturdier than the less expensive ones.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

I’ve been lurking for a bit, so I did pick up a speedstir with the test kit, even ordered an extra pill!

Ill pick up the whale brush, jed pole, and pro net.

Any other suggestions on a vacuum? $1,500 is a little much for me right now.

How does the lil shark do?

Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner

Amazon.com : Pentair 360100 Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark Above Ground Pool Cleaner : Garden Outdoor
    14x29 , In-Ground, Pentair Super Flo 1.5hp, Pentair Clean and Clear CC150, Pentair Salt System IC40, Approx 15-17k Gallons, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

We have had this for 3 seasons and love it. Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean | Epic Pool Supply
    16 x 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl pool. 1.5HP SuperFlo VS pump. Hayward C4030 425 sq ft cartridge filter. Hotspot FPH heat reclamation pool heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

I bought the deluxe or whatever the most exhaustive package is for sale along with the TF-100. My inherited pool came with a pole but otherwise that's all I would have needed to buy. I got an M500 for my robot and it was the best purchase I've made so far. The Dolphins aren't cheap by any stretch although it's hard to argue against their "value."
    22K gal, IG plaster w/ 600 gallon spillover spa, EasyTouch 8 w/ ScreenLogic2, 3HP IntelliFlo, IC60 SWG, Hayward DE 4820 filter, M500 cleaning robot, and TF100 w/ SpeedStir