Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Low water level on a vinyl pool -- Emergency?

1. Back To Top    #1

Low water level on a vinyl pool -- Emergency?

Hey folks,

An animal tore a huge hole in my liner at the bottom of the shallow end in my inground Vinyl pool. It definitely needs to be replaced (repair not possible). The water has drained to the bottom of the shallow end (water line is about 3' deep). The deep end is about 8.5'. It's an 18'x36' pool.

I know that draining a vinyl pool can be dangerous because the pool can collapse on itself. I'm wondering if this is an emergency situation or not? I'm in the North East so most pool stores are closed right now. We're actually expecting 6" of snow tomorrow. Is there a possibility of major damage if this has to sit like this for a month?

Thanks!
    18 X 36 In-Ground Vinyl Pool, Hayward 1 HP SuperPump, Hayward SP270T 350lb Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC48 Salt Chlorine Generator, Hayward H400FDN 400 BTU Natural Gas Heater, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, No Main Drain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Low water level on a vinyl pool -- Emergency?

Can you post a picture of the current situation? It will help to see the deck and yard surrounding the pool as well.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!