Newbie in Las Vegas Planning A New Pool

Mar 1, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm located in Las Vegas, I've been in my new house for just about 3 or 4 months. The backyard it the typical new house construction in Vegas. Dirt and more dirt. We're looking into having a bigger spa or spool built on a budget. The current plan is 14 foot by 14 foot with a 2 foot seat that wraps around and about 4 feet deep in the middle. 3 jet's on two of the parallel sides and two jets on the other two sides. Unless I'm way messed up on my ideas but that's why I'm here. Please feel free to set me straight because I'm here to learn. My backyard is 32 feet deep by 79 feet wide with 9'4 access on my side yards. Thank you everyone.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: As with any new pool, the sky's the limit based on cost & choices. As you move forward with potential builders, feel free to post a thread to the Under Construction forum with a list of equipment and quotes. Everyone will be more than happy to give you their opinions. :blah: ha. Nice to have you with us.

Any reason you're only interested in a "spool" and not a pool?

Pools are so easy to care for these days that it isn't anything to fear. I just wonder if it might hinder resale if you wanted to move? In such a hot climate I would want a larger pond of water to swim and play....

Just something to think about?

Maddie :flower:

Your backyard has fairly similar dimensions to ours. We are currently building approx 10x20' inground pool. Personally in your yard I would make the spool longer to maybe even 25' ish. You could include the fire pit and bench within the spool decking. If you have a look at my thread you can see our pool. I don't think there's one of our whole backyard, but it's separated similar to yours. Two bigger ends with a patio in the middle and a little grassed area behind it. I'd say our pool area takes up just over a third of the backyard. We have a full length bench for sitting and lazing in the pool. Super easy to heat effectively too. If you are going to stick to your current plan I would lose the all around bench as it really makes it more an oversized spa than a spool to me.

70093548eef3c62592caa2ea75bdab44.jpg

This is the best before photo I could find of our yard. The pool is going in at the far end and the decking comes up to that far end of the patio. The rest will be grass.