Hayward SX244K Top Closure Dome Replacement for Hayward Sand Filter (Too Tight)

Hello all,

There is a major crack on the dome of our Hayward Model No S244s. Ordered the replacement part off Amazon even though I was a little skeptical after reading the reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SX244K-Closure-Replacement-Filter/dp/B004UHHYDU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8#customerReviews

Most of the reviews talk about it being tight or slightly larger than the one that it came with and even one review talks about how Hayward asked a customer to grind it down.

Because I don't want to mallet the dome in place (worried for many reasons but don't want the filter to crack).

Any suggestions on a work around including what I should use to grind it down if there aren't any other suggestions.

Looking forward to hearing from you as I am really missing getting in the spa :).

Thanks in advance for any help!

So do you already have the lid?

If you do have the lid please take some pics to show us what you are dealing with.

Kim:kim:

Attached you will see the original old one with the cracks and see how it sits flush. The newer one is the one with the gap though it is also made by Hayward.

In some of the reviews you will see how it says the newer one is 5cm larger not allowing it to sit flush.

I appreciate any feedback on what to do.

IMG_0210.jpgIMG_0211.jpgIMG_0212.jpg

Okay so is there an o-ring on the lid? Have you tried lubing it up real good then having two people "walking" it around to get it seated?

What part of the lid is keeping it from seating? How is it held in place when it is seated? Does it screw on?

Okay so is there an o-ring on the lid? Have you tried lubing it up real good then having two people "walking" it around to get it seated?

What part of the lid is keeping it from seating? How is it held in place when it is seated? Does it screw on?

These is a o-ring and it isn't in the way of making it flush. I have tried lubing without any success of getting it to fit. I have tried a mallet to beat the sucker on without any luck.

The diameter dome is stopping it from seating all the way down. When it is seated a sorta two piece band goes around and hold the dome in place. No it doesn't screw on rather you place the dome on the top and then place the band which has two screws to tighten the dome to the filter itself.

How steady are your hands? How strong is your grip? This is going to take great care to do. What do the reviews suggest using to trim to make it fit? What part, the filter part or lid part, does the company say to trim? (not enough time to look for myself sorry)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.