cloudy pool

Aug 7, 2009
Hi My pool has been cloudy since the first day we opened it. I have a 18ft round, above ground. 7600 gallons of water. I have tried all the expensive chemicals from the pool store and nothing works. Came to your sight and have been using bleach, borax, and baking soday for a couple of weeks now. the pool was a white cloudy, then after using the BBB, you could almost see the bottom of the pool, the other day I went out and vaccumed and brushed the sides and now it is a light green. I have a cartridge filter. what am I doing wrong? I clean the filter every other day. Help Please!!!! I love using BBB because it has saved me so much money.

Welcome to the site. Glad you found it.

Do you know your CYA #

Have you done an overnight chlorine drop test?

It sounds like you need to shock but the overnite test will tell more.
If you don't have a good test kit you should consider getting one. Barring that at least the 6-way kit from Wally-World would suffice.

ok I have to wait till payday to get a good test kit, in the mean time I have to shock the pool, how much bleach would that be? I started yesterday and added 3 gallons, left the solar cover off and have had the filter running all day and night so far, went out this morning and it is a lighter color, added 3 more gallons of bleach slowly, I am going to brush the sides and bottom and the ladder today. Thanks for the info so far.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
my pool is no longer green its a milky color, you can see the third step of the ladder. Yeah. i am going to continue adding the bleach. I am so happy, You would not believe how frustrated I have been with these pool stores and How everyday you go in and they want you to buy this and that and all I needed was this website. I am forever greatful.

pool is looking alot better, still a milky white but I know if I keep at it, it will get clearer. Thanks so much, I was about to tear down the pool because I was so frustrated. I was doing everything the pool place was telling me and spending so much money. I love this website, I am telling everyone about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.