4x12 Pool Tile Installation

Feb 23, 2018
Henderson
Hi all,

I'm debating whether my wife and I can do the pool tile installation ourselves. We purchased 4x12 glass tiles, which will be two rows tall (8 inches total).

I've never personally installed any kitchen or bathroom tile, but it doesn't look incredibly hard.

Does anyone have any tips or advice for installing it? A video tutorial would be even better!

Thank you!

You could do it but usually the plaster is put on right after. Your perimeter is probably over 100'. That's like 240 tiles. Plus cutting the tiles around the skimmers. Glass tiles are difficult to cut properly. Do you have coping already installed? The professional tile guys mix up what they need and work fast to get it all down before it starts to set. If it starts to set before your tile is down, your tile will come off at some point down the road. I can't imagine you will save much by installing this yourself. I don't think this is the place to learn I would start with a floor somewhere!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.