2001 Sundance Optima Spa circulation pump won't come on

Feb 28, 2018
Tahoe City, CA
FLO is on the display control panel. circulation pump won't come on. heater not on. there is no voltage going to the circulation pump. If I turn on pump 1 the heater comes on and FLO goes out and the spa heats up. I am sure I should be getting 240 volts to the circulation pump but am not. I tested at TB2 and TB1 red, dead.
What is out, Circuit Board? Couldn't be flow switch or heater wouldn't come on when running with pump 1 on.

Help??

Bo,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all your Dancing in the Sun questions... :shark:

Try this...

1. With a voltmeter measure between the red wire and black wires on TB1.. it should read 220 volts AC

2. Then measure between J1 and J2 on the main board... Again it should read 220 volts.. if not, then the fuse at F1 is most likely open. If the voltage between J1 and J2 reads 220 VAC go to step 3

3. When the circulation pump should be on...Measure between the black wire on TB2 and the Red wire on TB1... if you get 220 volts the circulation pump, or the wire to it, is most likely bad. If no voltage go to step 4.

4. Remove the black wire from TB2 and jumper it to where the black wire is connected to TB1.. If the circulation pump runs the main circuit most likely has a bad relay...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.