Dropped the Pool Guy in California

Feb 28, 2018
Roseville
I have always had a problem pool, even when I had a husband in the house who was supposed to be on it (but wasn't). So I finally got a pool guy so I wouldn't have to worry about it. The first guy was great and did chemicals only but was good about communicating with me. He moved and sold his company, and then that guy sold the company...anyhow, the most recent guy was okay, friendly and all, and went above and beyond, but raised his prices and that was just my signal to stop my pool ignorance and save myself some money. Last summer I dropped $2K for a new filter (went to sand), and a fancy timer (still can't program it on my own but found a youtube and will be tackling it again once the forecasted rain is past). I have not had a reliable pool sweep in over three years so I have been doing a lot of hand cleaning as I am surrounded by trees.
My pool goals are to understand the basics and purchase a new cleaner, likely robotic, and buy a stash of clorine, though not sure yet if I want liquid or powder. I have some reading to do here:D

You have come to the right place. Welcome to TFP! :wave: Once you get a chance to review our Pool School and Getting Started areas, feel free to post back any questions you have. Lots of folks here eager to help. Also, don't forget to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. :wink: Have a nice day.

ma,

Welcome to TFP.. A great place to find the answers to all your pool questions, whether there is a husband in the house, or not.... :shark:

From what height did your drop your pool guy?? :p

Thanks for the Intro... Looking forward to answering all your questions in our other sub-forums...

Jim R.

Getting a robot and using the TFP methods for chemical balance will save you time and money for sure.

Going on my 4th year and it works great. I spend about $ 350 total on my pool management per season and that includes gas heating!