Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dropped the Pool Guy in California

1. Back To Top    #1

Dropped the Pool Guy in California

I have always had a problem pool, even when I had a husband in the house who was supposed to be on it (but wasn't). So I finally got a pool guy so I wouldn't have to worry about it. The first guy was great and did chemicals only but was good about communicating with me. He moved and sold his company, and then that guy sold the company...anyhow, the most recent guy was okay, friendly and all, and went above and beyond, but raised his prices and that was just my signal to stop my pool ignorance and save myself some money. Last summer I dropped $2K for a new filter (went to sand), and a fancy timer (still can't program it on my own but found a youtube and will be tackling it again once the forecasted rain is past). I have not had a reliable pool sweep in over three years so I have been doing a lot of hand cleaning as I am surrounded by trees.
    My pool goals are to understand the basics and purchase a new cleaner, likely robotic, and buy a stash of clorine, though not sure yet if I want liquid or powder. I have some reading to do here

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dropped the Pool Guy in California

You have come to the right place. Welcome to TFP! Once you get a chance to review our Pool School and Getting Started areas, feel free to post back any questions you have. Lots of folks here eager to help. Also, don't forget to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Have a nice day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Don't buy anything, especially powdered chlorine, until you read Pool School.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

4. Back To Top    #4

ma,

Welcome to TFP.. A great place to find the answers to all your pool questions, whether there is a husband in the house, or not....

From what height did your drop your pool guy??

Thanks for the Intro... Looking forward to answering all your questions in our other sub-forums...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Getting a robot and using the TFP methods for chemical balance will save you time and money for sure.

Going on my 4th year and it works great. I spend about $ 350 total on my pool management per season and that includes gas heating!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.