Circupool rj45 plus vs rj60 plus

egadds

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2014
louisville,ky
Hello,
I am looking at going to the swg. I’ve settled on the the circuPool brand.
My pool is a little over 24,000 gal.
The price is $900 for the sj45
and $1100 for the sj60. I know I would get longer life out of the bigger salt cell. But it is also more expensive to replace. Those that have went to these systems...what are your thoughts?
Thanks

e,

The only direct knowledge I have on CircuPool Salt systems is what I read here...

If I did not have an automation system I would be temped to buy the Universal 40...

I would think that the RJ45 would be enough for your pool, but bigger is almost always better..

Let's see if we can get some of the CircuPool owners to chime in...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Your title says RJ but your post says sj

The RJ45 is actually $810 (choose 410 upgrade) and the RJ60 is $1010 if you actually want an SJ55 it's $759

The RJ45 should produce roughly 10FC a day in your pool running 24 hours, depending on your FC demand if say 3 in summer you would need to run it 7.2 hours and as you stated it would not last as long and the RJ60
The RJ60 should produce roughly 15.5FC a day in your pool running 24 hours so to produce the same 3 you should only need to run it 4.6 hours
The SJ55 should produce 11.7FC in 24 hours so your runtime would be 6.15.

These #'s are based on the manufacturers rated lbs. Your FC demand is probably less than 3 in KY but depending on various variables could be a little more in peak summer. So without a variable speed pump it would probably be best to pay a little more and have a shorter run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.