Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice on how to keep a basic pool clean

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice on how to keep a basic pool clean

Last year I bought a Play Day 120x72x22 inflatable pool. I had no clue how to keep the pool and water clean except for dumping the water, scrubbing the pool with bleach, and refilling. I would really like to avoid that this year if I can.

I made sure to buy a good cover for it.

The dimensions are listed above. I read it holds a max of 440 gallons of water. There is no filtration system either. Its just a basic pool.

What would be the best method to keep the water and pool surface clean?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice on how to keep a basic pool clean

Welcome to the forum.

Read Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

If you follow that, your pool will be sanitary. Without a filter it will get dirt in it and once that becomes too much, you dump it and start over.

Take care.
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Advice on how to keep a basic pool clean

I had one like that, I did as you did, it sucked.

Knowing what i do now I would probably use a floater with a triclor puck, and a pool brush and net. Could limit your dumping by half.

I went with a 12' x 30' pool with a $110 China pump and sand filter, much better and still cheap
    Casey
    Intex 24' x 52" closed for winter 2018, 2 Main Drains, 1 Skimmer, 1 Return, PVC
    1/2 HP Intex Pump 633T w/ Taeglus TA-40 175 lb 19.5" Sand Filter, Auqabot Extreme Robot
    TF-50 and Taylor 2006 Test Kits, Quality Well Water, Fleck 5800SXT Water Softener