Hayward Tiger Shark Plus Not Running

isriam

Jan 15, 2015
PHX
I have a used Tiger Shark Plus Model 9955gr which worked great last year, but when I threw it in the pool this week it didn't run. The psu light comes on, but I get no dc voltage on the 4 pin output. I ordered a new psu on amazon, it came today, light turns on, and in the bath tum the robot actually ran. I took it outside, threw it in the pool, and it didn't work. Brought it back into the bathtub, and its no longer working.

can someone help me out here with next steps? is there a temperature cut off on these or something that shuts down the motor during a fault? i'm gonna leave it in the bath to warm up some and see if thats the issue.

pool - 62f, bath 90f

Figured it out. The power supply has a reset button but you have to use your pinky or a pen to push it in to reset it. once i did that, my old and new psu worked. i think i have bad bearings because it rolls for 3-6 inches then trips the psu breaker.

Figured it out. The power supply has a reset button but you have to use your pinky or a pen to push it in to reset it. once i did that, my old and new psu worked. i think i have bad bearings because it rolls for 3-6 inches then trips the psu breaker.

If the circuit breaker on the power supply is tripping there’s probably a short in the wire somewhere or there’s water breached into the cable/MBU connection. If it was bad rollers it would just stop without tripping the breaker.

so i left it out overnight to dry, and it does the same thing. the cable looks fine. is it possible the motor is seizing causing it to trip the breaker? there are 2 breakers on the psu, not sure which is for what, but its the little one above the 4 prong outlet. i'd think if it were a wire or short it would not work at all and would trip on power on, not actually try to move the motor.

fyi turning the 2 wheels manually gives a lot of noises and cracking sounds from the bearings.

so yep after taking it apart, the motor will not run, i think water got into it somehow. it runs for a few seconds then cuts off. the power cord looks fine, but when i took it out of the motor it was damp.

Noise from the bearing/tracks is somewhat normal. Motors getting stopped up will not throw the breaker.

You may have gotten lucky and water only breached into the cable to motor connection. Replacing the connectors and gasket may be your fix. You won't know if water got into the actual motor until that is fixed, as opening the motor box means it will no longer be waterproof.

i bought a s300 yesterday. anyone interested in this tiger shark and caddy in az? after pricing out parts, its probably worth 500 in just parts lol. thanks for your help bombardier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.