Brownsburg, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Our new home is supposed to be done in May and we are under contract for our pool build in May/June!
Here is our parts list, please let me know if there is anything amiss! This will be our first build and our 4th inground pool. Our other pools have been in NC, TN and GA.

16x32 Premium Steel Wall rectangle with Craftworks Vinyl liner.
JANDY Pro Series PlusHP High Head Pump, 230/115 VAC, .Full-Rated 1.0HP
JANDY JS SERIES SIDE MOUNT SAND FILTER JS60-SM with Multi-Port Valve
JANDY JXI POOL HEATER - 260K BTU - NG
AquaPure Ei Salt Generator - 35k gal

4 Return Jet System
2 Wide Mouth Skimmers
-NO Main Drains-
8' Walk-Out steps
In Wall Ladder
2 LED Lights
Undertrack Automatic Safety Cover

Bonding Grid
Concrete Decking

This is the PB rendering. We are adding pavers to extend the concrete deck area and plantings. We are empty nesters now and have downsized to a little house and a little yard just big enough for a pool.

Nice!

One question though- the diagram sort of shows the autocover vault a bit away from the pool and long more like an overtrack, so if it will be undertrack I think it will appear different.

Also will the handrails in the deep end allow the cover to close/open? I had to buy stairs that work on a lever so they pull up when the cover is operating.

Just something to think of so that you're prepared if need be, so not to delay anything.

Maddie :flower:

Jodie,

Since you have a Saltwater pool, you will need to run your pump a relativity long time to generate the amount of chlorine your pool will use each day..

I suggest that you swap the 1 HP single speed pump for a 2-Speed pump, or a VS pump to save on electrical costs..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Nice!

One question though- the diagram sort of shows the autocover vault a bit away from the pool and long more like an overtrack, so if it will be undertrack I think it will appear different.

Also will the handrails in the deep end allow the cover to close/open? I had to buy stairs that work on a lever so they pull up when the cover is operating.

Just something to think of so that you're prepared if need be, so not to delay anything.

Here is the best example of what the track and steps will look like. The steps are in wall. I think the CAD design is lacking in good detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Jodie,

Since you have a Saltwater pool, you will need to run your pump a relativity long time to generate the amount of chlorine your pool will use each day..

I suggest that you swap the 1 HP single speed pump for a 2-Speed pump, or a VS pump to save on electrical costs..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thank you Jim.
I will contact the PB today and find out what the cost will be to upgrade to the 2 speed pump.

I was playing around with a free landscape design software last night and put our ideas together so I could better visualize the yard. Here is what I came up with.

Oh Jodie! That is awesome you get to build YOUR pool this time! You sure have moved a lot and big distances :shock:

So will you share a picture of where this wonderful pool will be going? We understand the house is still being worked on but..........you can share that as well!

Kim:kim:

Our humble backyard : quite small, but doable.
7c3a37b592c3dbc1f529f44c9e9f245f.jpg

I can tell having a pool is *important* to you! Every house had one, huh? I think if Skippy and I ever move we'll certainly follow that lead....

Having the pool build going on while the house/yard are still a mess is going to be easy.... no loss of grass or gardens.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kim, barely any grass for sure. Behind the pool we will have a 10x80 foot easement within our fence we have to keep clear for drainage. There is a pond behind the house to the right that ground water will need to travel to during rain storms.
Right now we are living at my parents house during the build. And yes, I drive by every day to see what new progress has been made. It's so exciting! Plumbing was done today as well as black paper on the roof and the brick was delivered. :)

Jodie

Have the builder have each skimmer on a separate run. This way if there is ever a problem with one you still have water circulation via the other. It's a slim possibility of failure but I worked for a pool company where it happened. The homeowner had no choice but to make the repair asap (digging up the skimmer and some decking). An expense but even worse a total mess. It would have been nice to put it off until the swim season ended. Make sure they use Jandy or Pentair valves. Also have them put unions on the equipment so if you need to change anything down the road it's easy to remove without cutting PVC. E.g., the pump to replace or bring in for repair. I believe the heater and swcg come with unions. The last isn't essential but I'd insist on the first two. Good luck, very exciting!

Have the builder have each skimmer on a separate run. This way if there is ever a problem with one you still have water circulation via the other. It's a slim possibility of failure but I worked for a pool company where it happened. The homeowner had no choice but to make the repair asap (digging up the skimmer and some decking). An expense but even worse a total mess. It would have been nice to put it off until the swim season ended. Make sure they use Jandy or Pentair valves. Also have them put unions on the equipment so if you need to change anything down the road it's easy to remove without cutting PVC. E.g., the pump to replace or bring in for repair. I believe the heater and swcg come with unions. The last isn't essential but I'd insist on the first two. Good luck, very exciting!

Awesome advice!!! I will do this.

We had to move for my husbands job. I would have stayed in Georgia forever! Just happened that the move took us back to my hometown. We expect to be here 5-10 years and then one more move down to Tennessee where we should stay put!

Can anyone show me what the Jandy power control box will look like? Our previous 3 pools had analog timers. Our PB does not include them. They assume you will run your pool 24-7 I guess or upgrade to a digital automation system which is not in the budget right now. Will I be able to insert the timers in my standard power box or will we need to have the electrician run wiring for a timer box?

Quick update:
House should be finished this month and closing should be around April 30th.
The Pool builder has me on the schedule for the week of May 14th.
I was able to upgrade the single speed pool pump for a 2 speed pump for only $100 extra.
Made my final choice on pool liner.
Looking into adding the Aqualink system. I know we can save money purchasing and installing it ourself. Is this a good idea? Or better to pay the PB to do it?

Re: Building in MAY : Brownsburg IN

House is almost done! Our walk-thru is Monday April 30! Our closing is Friday May 4th.
Pool onsite pre-construction meeting is May 8th. We are on the calendar for May 14th start. Permits should be ready on Tuesday, fingers crossed!

The PB emailed me to let me know that the Jandy AquaPure Ei has been discontinued and they are now installing the Jandy Pro Series TRU Clear Saltwater Chlorinatorion system. It is rated up to 35K gallons. I think my pool will be 20K gallons. Tech details say it produces 18 grams per hour of chlorine for pools up to 35k gal. Any input about this salt/chlorine generator?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.