Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG for a leaking pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG for a leaking pool?

My pool loses about 200g per day. Is it a good idea to switch to SWG? I have calculated in order to keep the salt level in spec for Pentair SWG, I need to add salt every 3 months, which is fine. My concern is I have a lot of vegetation around the pool (palm trees, shrubs, etc). would a leaky salt water pool kill the plants?
    Inground 28000 gal Concrete, Hayward Progrid DE filter 6020, US motors 1.5hp pump (3450rpm) , Polaris 360
    600 gal hot tub, Spa Vita, Nature2+MPS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG for a leaking pool?

If the leak has not killed any vegetation yet I doubt it will with a bit of salt in it. You get some rain there I would guess that will dilute/wash it away.

Why not fix the leak?
    6000 Gallon IG Fiberglass with integrated Spa;Pentair CCP240 Cartridge Filter with Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump and HTR250 heater. IC40 SWG. EasyTouch 4. Dolphin Active20 Robot "Roadrunner", TF 100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir!
    CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! Pool Math App
    Marty

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mknauss View Post
    If the leak has not killed any vegetation yet I doubt it will with a bit of salt in it. You get some rain there I would guess that will dilute/wash it away.

Why not fix the leak?
    I have paid a lot of money to several leak detection companies with no avail so I gave up that fight. Garden hose hooked up to a float valve is better for my wallet and my sanity!
    Inground 28000 gal Concrete, Hayward Progrid DE filter 6020, US motors 1.5hp pump (3450rpm) , Polaris 360

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you on a well? What does 200g a day run you per month?

Man, is it possible a pvc pipe broke underground ? Do you have any soft or soggy areas? Thatís a lot of water that has to be going somewhere

18x36 vinyl liner ,19k gallons, Hayward Sand Filter, Maxflo VS pump, Hayward VS Omni automation, Rheem 115k Heat pump, Colorlogic LED. Dolphin M400 robot

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by todd.brock View Post
    Are you on a well? What does 200g a day run you per month?

Man, is it possible a pvc pipe broke underground ? Do you have any soft or soggy areas? That’s a lot of water that has to be going somewhere
    about $20-$30 a month. no soft areas. My guess is the surface of the pool is just absorbing the water (old pool)