Replacing old 1 speed pump

Jul 24, 2015
STAMFORD, CT
So I have an old Centurion 3/4HP single speed pump. The thing is loud and I can hear the bearing is ready to go. Everything is ran down on this thing. I was floating the idea of a variable speed pump (i have a Hayward SP2303VSP and Pentair 342001 in the amazon cart) After lots of reading on TFP it looks like i could get by with a 2 speed pump, just buy a 2 speed AO smith replacement motor for $300 and replace the lid and the seals, so a total of $340. we pay at most 9.07centsKWh in the summer. So its not like the variable speed is going to save me that much more money, and there are no rebates for a variable speed in my area. I will have an aquacomfort MBP125H and RJ30 SWG im hooking up along with adding a pentair or hayward cartridge filter. my worry going 2 speed is the low setting allowing the heater and SWG to work. All the piping is 1.5Inches. Would it just be smarter to spend double on a variable speed or just by the replacement motor?

I would lean towards the VS option so you can fine tune flow for your SWG. A 2-speed will probably work on low for your SWG but I cant say that for certain.

So far I have been very happy with my Superflo VS pump. You should be able to find it online for less that 650.

Ive been leaning towards the SuperFlo, you can get lost in all the information on this forum, which is what happened to me. i wa smore worried baout only getting a 60 day warranty. I think im just going to order it on Amazon, it goes for $650 I think, there is someone on ebay selling them for $570, but im weary of ebay sellers. I was originally going to use pool supply world but man they have some bad reviews out there when I googled them. Atleast with amazon I know service is a top priority with them.

I think I got mine from pool supply world for around 600 3 years ago. Never had a problem with the pump.

It comes very well packaged from Pentair the entire pump is surrounded in foam in a heavy duty box.

Of course you can't beat Amazons return policy.

Either way you will love the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.