Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Putting a toe in the water

1. Back To Top    #1

Putting a toe in the water

Hello
    We recently moved to a new house with a large back yard, and SWMBO wants a pool. Been doing a lot of reading on this site and have learned a lot, at least enough to ask questions of the salesmen. Would prefer a fiberglass but may have to go with vinyl for cost reasons. Still considering options on chlorination in this very warm and rainy climate.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Putting a toe in the water

Well hello there! I hear ya on the warm and rainy climate! I am just South of you in FL!

I say SWG as seen here:

Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

Does the chlorination for you! SWEET!

So who is SWMBO??

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Putting a toe in the water

Dave,

Welcome to TFP.. A great place to find the answers to all your new pool questions, even if they do show your age...

I though I was the only one that used the term "She Who Must Be Obeyed" (SWMBO)... I'm sure it is older, but I picked it up years ago from an old British PBS show about a lawyer and his wife SWMBO.. A great show even if I can no longer remember the name..

I agree with Kim, Saltwater is the only way to go... Warm and rainy real do not make much of a difference it maintaining a pool...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

The TV show was.. Rumpole of the Bailey...
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.