Cracked Bubbler

Feb 26, 2018
Miami, FL
.IMG_5424.jpg

I have a pool leak which appears to be coming from a cracked beach bubbler. I've been given several expensive repair options and was trying to find a cheaper solution. Can the crack be sealed? I don't care about the light. But, I would like to keep the bubbler function.

I have not heard of anyone trying to fix one so am not really any help I am sorry to say.

Do you know HOW it works? What are those little, darker "holes"? Husband said you could TRY JBWeld if you really wanted to try. It could not hurt except if it does not work you will not be able to get it off so................proceed with that in mind.

Kim:kim:

I have not heard of anyone trying to fix one so am not really any help I am sorry to say.

Do you know HOW it works? What are those little, darker "holes"? Husband said you could TRY JBWeld if you really wanted to try. It could not hurt except if it does not work you will not be able to get it off so................proceed with that in mind.

Kim:kim:

Thanks for the reply! The 4 holes are where the screws go in for the LED light, which goes on top of the bubbler. I think we will try JB Weld or some other Epoxy sealant. There's really nothing to lose by trying it. The next option is to seal it entirely.

I think you should be able to seal that easily with JB Weld or some other sealant. Looks like it may have cracked due to the screw however but that doesn't seem possible with that metal screw sleeve. If that screw isn't integral to the part I would leave it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.