Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cracked Bubbler

1. Back To Top    #1

Cracked Bubbler

.IMG_5424.jpg

I have a pool leak which appears to be coming from a cracked beach bubbler. I've been given several expensive repair options and was trying to find a cheaper solution. Can the crack be sealed? I don't care about the light. But, I would like to keep the bubbler function.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cracked Bubbler

I have not heard of anyone trying to fix one so am not really any help I am sorry to say.

Do you know HOW it works? What are those little, darker "holes"? Husband said you could TRY JBWeld if you really wanted to try. It could not hurt except if it does not work you will not be able to get it off so................proceed with that in mind.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I have not heard of anyone trying to fix one so am not really any help I am sorry to say.

Do you know HOW it works? What are those little, darker "holes"? Husband said you could TRY JBWeld if you really wanted to try. It could not hurt except if it does not work you will not be able to get it off so................proceed with that in mind.

Kim
    Thanks for the reply! The 4 holes are where the screws go in for the LED light, which goes on top of the bubbler. I think we will try JB Weld or some other Epoxy sealant. There's really nothing to lose by trying it. The next option is to seal it entirely.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I think you should be able to seal that easily with JB Weld or some other sealant. Looks like it may have cracked due to the screw however but that doesn't seem possible with that metal screw sleeve. If that screw isn't integral to the part I would leave it off.
    29k Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool, 3 floor returns, 2 wall returns, 1 vacuum pressure port, 2 skimmers, Main drain, Jandy 2.7HP VSP, Jandy JXI400N Gas Heater, Jandy CV340 Cartridge Filter, FusionSoft 1400 SWG, 2 Watercolors LED, iAqualink with PDA, Sheer Waterfall, Rock Waterfall, 9' Deep End w/Diving Board, SunDeck, Polaris 9650iQ, TF-100 - Pool Build - 2017 - Google Photos