Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stone Spillway from Spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Stone Spillway from Spa

Hello all,
    We have a small spillway from our spa to the pool. The pool was just finished and filled at the end of Jan. My issue is the stone was broken on one side and we asked for it to be replaced. The stone guy came back today to repair it and is going to cut out another small section to replace. This mean we have 22 X 18 or so opening that will have 5 sections of stone in it where there should have been 1 piece of stone. Has anyone that has had multiple pieces of stone on a spill way had issues with the water eroding the mortar? Here are a couple of pictures.

22K inground gunite Free form. 32’ X 23’, 589 sq ft, 108’ perimeter. 1 skimmer, 4 returns
    Pentair Intelliflo VSP, Pentair Superflo VSP
    Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Mastertemp 400K BTU Heater
    Screen Logic 2, TF100 with Speedstir.
    Pool in process of being built (ETA - Jan 2018).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stone Spillway from Spa

Nope.........that is just a big nope I do not like how it looks. It SHOULD be one big piece of stone. I would go to their stone yard and find a piece you like the look of and have them replace the broken one with it. It looks like it was broken and glued back together. You paid good money for a NEW pool. It should look new and right. This part does not.

Kim (NO cheering on this one)
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stone Spillway from Spa

Agree on this one don’t settle with them.

23,000 in-ground salt water pool with liner, 1.5 HP 2 speed Pentair pump, Hayword C4025 cartridge filter, Jandy SWG.